Safari 3 Still Has Brushed Metal For Me!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxjg, Jun 11, 2007.

1. maxjg macrumors member

Aug 6, 2006
    For some reason, after I'd installed Safari 3, it retained it's brushed metal look. I have a feeling this has something to do with me installing Uno, which I had uninstalled a while ago. I re-uninstalled uno, and reinstalled Safari 3, and rebooted, all the normal steps, and still, brushed metal. I have made sure that I AM running Safari 3. Any ideas, anyone?

2. jasko macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2006
    Mine's brushed as well.

I had UNO a while ago, and it's been uninstalled for a while now also. I don't mind the brushed.

Anyone know if there's a way to make Safari keep one window size? (not let sites resize the window)

And also, when clicking links with target="_blank" in them, to open a new window, is there anyway to make Safari open these in a new tab, as opposed to a new window entirely?

I just recently switched back over from OmniWeb.
  3. Variant macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2005
    ZOMG! Brushed metal in Tiger! Who would have thought!? :p

Just wait for Leopard, then Safari 3 will no longer be brushed. ;)
  4. nifty_nigel10 macrumors member

Jul 14, 2004
    the only difference i can see is the version number (someone else said that in another thread)'s still brushed metal, it's a good bit faster (i'm happy with that) ....but what about the nice unified look that the windows users get?
  5. joseph2166 macrumors 6502

Jan 11, 2006
    It's obviously not gonna be implemented until either a new beta or, more probably, Leopard. I'm sure we can all cope for another four months or so!