Safari 3 + Tiger

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
I'm sorry if this has been discussed recently. I know it's been discussed pre-Leopard, but is there any word/thoughts on whether or not Tiger will get the full Safari 3 now that it's out? Leopard's Safari has the new plastic, or whatever they're calling the iTunes skin, instead of brushed metal and I want that on my Tiger!

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
You can use UNO :)
That looks neat. I'll check it out, thanks. But I'd still like to know if those of us with Tiger will get updates to Safari or if we're stuck with 3.0.3 forever until we upgrade to Leopard. Are they still working on Safari 2, by the way?

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
How does Leopard's Safari do RAM-wise? We all know the Tiger version begins to eat RAM like crazy after being open a while. Is this fixed in Leopard?

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
I'm sorry if this has been discussed recently. I know it's been discussed pre-Leopard, but is there any word/thoughts on whether or not Tiger will get the full Safari 3 now that it's out? Leopard's Safari has the new plastic, or whatever they're calling the iTunes skin, instead of brushed metal and I want that on my Tiger!
I think Apple will give Tiger users the new version of Safari with 10.4.11, but I think it will still have the brushed metal look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.