Safari 4.0.1 Customised Toolbar resets

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by si77hay, Jul 1, 2009.

1. si77hay macrumors regular

Has anyone else customised their toolbar (ie added/moved/removed items), only to find it resets itself every so often?

I have yet pin-pointed a pattern to this. It seems it just wants to revert to its default every now and again. Is there something I'm missing/doing?

Thanks!

2. golgoth4prez macrumors newbie

Rather than create a new thread on this.

I have been dealing with exactly the same problem.

I keep having the evernote icon thing pop up even though I have uninstalled it and removed in a puff.

3. golgoth4prez macrumors newbie

Got the Answer!

I downloaded and opened a new version of Evernote, checked on the button for a safari evernote tab. restarted safari. Then I unchecked the box and then restarted safari and it went away.

4. si77hay thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting! I have Evernote installed. But I'd like to keep it installed. I'll run a few tests.

Thanks!

5. RBHeuch macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem and use Evernote. I tried resetting safari - no luck. My toolbar defaults when I quit and restart, except for the evernote icon.

Did you find a solution?

6. mirm macrumors newbie

Safari Toolbar reverts to defaults with every restart of the program

I've been experiencing a similar problem ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

I open Safari, and see the following icons in my toolbar:
    Back/Forward, Web Clip, Home, Evernote, +______, Google.

When I click "Customize Toolbar", I am able to drag in the icons that I want. But every time that I restart Safari, the icons reset.

Interesting note: when I open the "Customize Toolbar" menu, the default set that I am offered is NOT the same as the set that appears every time I open the application.

I have tried looking through the plist file, but have not had much luck. (If you haven't tried the plist file yet, go to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist )

One strange case: I use 1Password, and the 1Password Safari plugin has added itself to the end of my plist file. All of the right boxes are checked, and I can (temporarily) drag that icon into my toolbar, but it always disappears with a restart.

Please keep posting about your experiences... it is so very helpful.

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

never had this problem

I also don't have Evernote, or 1Password. Or Saft, or Pith Helmet, or...

Maybe that's why. ?

8. CoolEnufForaMac macrumors newbie

Remove Google Search

I'm not sure if this is possible, but does anyone know if there's a way to remove the Google search box from Safari 4?

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Secondary click on toolbar, drag it off. But, you lose the URL box too! :eek:
    By itself, not sure you can, but sure it's not that simple.

10. CoolEnufForaMac macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's what's annoying me. I have keywords implemented in the URL bar now, so I don't need to Google search anymore.