Safari 4.0.4 (531.21.10) will not open website.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sdm197, Dec 30, 2009.

1. sdm197 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I have a small problem that is driving me nuts! I have a Windows Desktop PC, Windows Laptop and an iMac plus Macbook Pro, on the desktop pc Safari will not open www.mirror.co.uk, yet on my Windows Laptop it will! Both are the same version of Safari, I have uninstalled and re installed Safari with no joy.

Does anyone know how to do a clean uninstall of Safari on Windows, because I think that may solve it.

advice would be very welcome,

SDM197

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, not using Safari (uninstall) will solve problems with Safari. Do you want to reinstall it?

Does Reset Safari... help?

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If other sites will load I would suggest making sure your internet plugins are up to date. This includes Flash and Java content for the most part, and on the Windows computer may require visiting Adobe's or Sun Microsystem's websites to manually download the said updates.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

I'm not sure whether the Safari Windows uninstaller removes the cache/etc files or not, so as suggested if you haven't already it might be worth running "reset Safari" to see if that helps any.

If that's not it and it's not a plugin issue, it's a little baffling, since obviously Safari in general is ok and it's not a DNS issue if other browsers on the same computer can view the site.

Also not a failed browser-sniffing script on the site, since it loads ok if I tell it I'm using Windows Safari 4.0.4.

5. sdm197 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks very much for all your replies, I thought I may be flamed for asking about a Windows machine LOL!

It is now resolved, I cleared history, cache, and reset it. I am not sure which one cured it but thanks very much all of you.

SDM197.