Safari 4.0 and Top Sites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atomheartmother, Jun 17, 2009.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

I just started using Safari again after the wonderful (IMO) 4.0 update. I really like the Top Sites function. However, it seems to put almost every site I visit in there. I just wanted it to be a few sites I visit most frequently, kind of like a bookmarking system. Is there anyway to automatically control what goes in the Top Sites section? As of right now, I have to go in there and manually remove the sites I don't want.

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

In the Top Sites window, click on Edit in the lower-left-hand corner. This will allow you to pin sites to always keep them there or to never allow a site to show there.
    While in the Edit mode, in the lower-right-hand side is a button marked Small/Medium/Large. It makes each site window small, medium or large, as well as make a total of 24,12 or 6 sites to show up.
    I really use the Top Sites feature too! Good luck.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Open two windows, one to Top Sites. Hit edit. Type an address in the second window, click the icon by the URL, and drag it to Top Sites. Unclick Edit. Done.

4. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

I know how to get sites into the Top Sites. I just don't know how to keep sites I don't want in there out. It seems that most websites I visit find their ways in there, and I just want a select few for easy access.

5. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

"In the Top Sites window, click on Edit in the lower-left-hand corner. This will allow you to pin sites to always keep them there or to never allow a site to show there."
    Click the "X" while in Edit mode to remove sites.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Make the number of Top Sites smaller so that you only see what you've pinned or just fill up all the pin slots. That's it.