Safari 4.02 no stop button?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Salmar, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Salmar macrumors regular

Well I've been using Camino as my browser but I did update Safari to the latest version which I am impressed with it and may switch browsers. The only thing is I don't see a stop button in the Safari toolbar to stop a website from loading. I clicked on customize but there was no stop button there either, so maybe there is no stop button in Safari?
    Thanks for a reply

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Zerozal macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if you've used Safari before (or if your problem is unique to a bug in 4.02), but at the very right of the URL address bar, when a site is loading it will display "Loading....(x)". That "x" is the "stop" button and should be present in 4.02 as well.

By the way, when it has finished loading, you will see a "refresh" icon (looks like a curved arrow) in the same location, so don't bother looking on the toolbar for "Refresh" either. :)

4. Salmar thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I see what you are talking about now. Thanks for the replies, it was just that I never expected to find it at the end of the address bar. Like I said I've been using Camino ever since I got started with a Mac about a year and a half ago. Thanks again for pointing that out to me. Never thought to look in the address bar. :D

5. POSIXFTW macrumors newbie

POSIXFTW