Safari 4, ad blocking similar to firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by benlangdon, Jun 10, 2009.

1. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

so i tried safari 4, its fast from what i can see but have not done much with it.

anway, im can't stand these ads, is there anything (even for safari 3) that would block them "similar to ad block plus" in firefox?

if there is nothing im not even going to see if it better suits me.
    since i got a dvr and all this ad blocking add ons (you can actually target an add that isn't caught by the filter and make it filter it, amazing) i absolutely can not one bit stand there and take it from all these adds

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I agree. I looked at it yesterday and went back to FireFox because I couldn't find anything to block the ads either.

3. Jisuo macrumors 6502

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Thanks for the info. No I didn't search for it. I do that all the time but this time I never even thought of it. I guess I spent to much time looking in Safari for settings or download links. I guess you never stop learning. Once you can't find what your looking for, go back to the old reliable method. It won't let you down :)

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

7. Jisuo macrumors 6502

8. benlangdon thread starter macrumors 65832

benlangdon

wow did the exact same thing, i mean exact, i always search google, then if im dying ill post here. wow.

thanks guys.

you know i was thinking no one was going to post in this thread because i beat there is going to be a million new safari 4 and snow leopard questions coming

9. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

GlimmerBlocker is excellent and as its independent from the browser its browser update proof too.