Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLimpOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Ok so I'm trying to add other top sites on Safari 4... I see it says "drag URL here to add a top site". Well, when I do that, I just get a icon saying I can't do that, and when I let the URL go on the window anyway, my top site is not added. So what the hell, how do I add a top site?

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Ok so I'm trying to add other top sites on Safari 4... I see it says "drag URL here to add a top site". Well, when I do that, I just get a icon saying I can't do that, and when I let the URL go on the window anyway, my top site is not added. So what the hell, how do I add a top site?

I think you need to click the "edit" button at the bottom first.

TheLimpOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I do.

You actually only get the "drag the URL to this window" message when you click the Edit button.

TheLimpOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Lol and as I watch my top sites, it just randomly added the MacRumors main page and MacRumors forums to it... ugh, not that I mind, I probably would've done it anyway. Safari 4 is kinda weird though so far.

kolea

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2009
Adding Top Sites

Hey I was having the same issue as you, and I figured it out by accident. Don't drag the address to the window that says "drag url to this window." Instead, after you click the edit button, type the address in the browser, and drag it to the window on your top sites you want it in, not the place on the bottom where it says to drag it.

I know, I felt ridiculous when I figured it out too. Hope that helps. :)

eliptoid

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
to expand

following of from what TheLimpOne suggested, type in the url and hover over the blue icon on the left.. drag this into the top sites area and you should have success.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.