Safari 4 address bar question?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, May 16, 2009.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

So, is it possible for the address bar "top hit" or "history" to recognize part of a web address if you don't start with it?

For example.
    In firefox, when I start typing macrumors, I get forums.macrumors, macrumors....

However in safari, I just get macrumors.com

This is rather annoying, any ideas?

2. Catcufflings macrumors newbie

i actually want to stop anything from starting to come up when i type into the address bar.. it's so annoying. even after i delete all my history and put the browser onto private browsing, it still comes up.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Im very glad to inform you that you will be very happy with firefox 3.5, you can try 3.5 beta for now. Settings are added such that you can turn it off completely.

I do want to add that I suspect most people do like the awesome bar feature tho

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
  4. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like firefox a lot more in general, however, safari is just much quicker now

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

speed depends on many issues, I do not believe there is significant differences among different modern browsers in terms of speed of surfing internet. Individual experiences might vary tho.

if you feel like, create a brand new profile will improve firefox's performance, IF you have been using it for ages and went through multiple updates.