Safari 4 and Firefox 3.5 loading pages slow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vanna.trieu, Aug 14, 2009.

1. vanna.trieu macrumors newbie

Hi fellow macbook pro owners, I was wondering if any of you guys experienced slow browsing speeds on both firefox and safari lately? It's really starting to annoy me. :mad: Any explanations would really be helpful.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If is happening in both browsers it's probably your internet connection, not the computer.

3. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

4. vanna.trieu thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought so too, but I went and tested my connection and it's showing a good 19Kbps down and 7 up. Would it still be my internet connection that's at fault?

I've cleared my cache on both browsers and even restarted safari. There's still a problem. I've noticed that on safari, it takes around 20 seconds for all of the pictures on a website to appear.

5. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I have the same problem.

For me, when I first turn on my MBP, I get MEGA lag for the first 5min.

My internet connection is 10Mb/sec down and I'm using ethernet btw.

6. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

There's your problem right there! You are on a connection slower then dial up! :p
    Ok I realize that's probably a typo... well I hope so! lol

7. vanna.trieu thread starter macrumors newbie

8. bob.bud macrumors newbie

Go read the post at, http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9940844, it has improved my speed with Firefox as well as Safari. However, safari is still a tad slower than it had been.

9. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

try visiting a website using it’s IP address (open the terminal and type “ping http://urlofsomewebsite.com” ) then you’ll see the IP paste that into the browser. See if it’s any faster.

If it is the problem is with the DNS. For some reason I have these issues every once and a while.