Safari 4 Availability

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flyermac, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Flyermac macrumors newbie

Flyermac

Hi Everybody!

I would like to know if Safari 4 is in the way to be launched in November or December this year. If not, is it possible to see a 3.1.3 or 3.2 version in this semester?
    :apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Only Apple knows if and when they will release any new hardware or software.

3. Flyermac thread starter macrumors newbie

Flyermac

Thank you! I hope that this topic may make other participants to come here to say even more about it. The few I know about it is the high performance of it. If the 3.1.2 version is already very good, so I think that the version 4 will be a real light speed internet browser.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple has not released any information about what changes might appear in future releases of Safari, so any "information" would only be anyone's unverifiable wild guess.

5. Flyermac thread starter macrumors newbie

Flyermac

:) Thank you!

Is it possible for me that use a PC computer (the countdown to buy my first Mac is short now) to register to use that version 4 alpha or beta? Do you know the developer's page link?

6. Flyermac thread starter macrumors newbie

Flyermac

:) Thank you once again! I am on there. Just for your information I play more media on iTunes, and use QuickTime whenever I have chance to play a video that is compatible with it. For internet, 99% the pages I visit are viewed with Safari. But this all is far to perform so well as they perform on OS X.

If I have real news, I will post here!

7. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

There does appear to be a Safari 3.2 branch in the WebKit source.

8. Flyermac thread starter macrumors newbie

Flyermac

I got the Safari 4 preview version for Windows!

Hi!

I finally got the link to download the Safari 4 preview version for Windows! For the ones who still use the Cretinows by Microsh..., now you can enjoy life even more by testing the preview version of Safari 4.

Here it is:
    [url removed]

Now I will run the installer and do some tests, then I will come back to tell how they were! :apple:

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Many of us have run the beta version already. I removed it because of some broken features. It wasn't worth it.

10. acxz macrumors regular

You ought to remove that link before one of the moderators finds it. You aren't supposed to redistribute Apple's pre-release software. You aren't even supposed to discuss it thanks to Apple's NDA. Anyone who's interested in the preview can sign up at Apple's developer site themselves.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Agreed. Which is why I only posted a link to the ADC site, where anyone would need to sign up and agree to the NDA before downloading anything. The mediafire link is a violation.

12. Flyermac thread starter macrumors newbie

Flyermac

It is removed now.

Hi!

It is removed now. But I am testing the software. It comes complete, but it behaves a bit slower. I had to uninstall the 3.1.2 version to make the installation of the 4 Beta version.

I notice a decrease in performance, but I will clean up the registry from the computer, and defrag the HD as well.

It is stable, I see nothing lacking. If the performance does not come to be like it was, in a couple of hours, I will uninstall it and will move back to the 3.1.2 version.

13. Flyermac thread starter macrumors newbie

Flyermac

Test of Safari 4 Preview Edition on a PC

Hi everybody!

I ended the tests of Safari 4 Preview Edition on my PC computer that is equiped with an ECS 741GX-M, Sempron 2400+, 1Gb RAM 333, 64 MB video memory shared (AGP 8X). :p Okay, don't laugh on me, I will soon have my Apple notebook :) :apple:

I notice a performance boost of about 20% through 50% to open the pages that I use to visit everyday. The typewriting flow to fill in the blanks seems to be freer. The only thing I noticed that is not still right on Safari 4 is that it is not copying the pictures to paste on Outlook Express messages, and it is not downloading flash videos through Real Player plug-in that works on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I am satisfied with the software, I will keep it on my computer until the official release comes out.

Upon the link, GGJSTUDIOS is right, I should not post it because it was not an official download link. I just pasted it herein because I could not download the kit from Apple Developer's site, I have an account there, but it is hard for me to find out the right things.