Safari 4 background tab open bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by isaaclimdc, Nov 14, 2009.

1. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Hi all,

I'm seeing this weird Safari bug where when I "Open in new background tab" on a link, the new tab opens, but its graphic shows that it is selected. See screenshot attached. Anyone else experiencing this? The only thing I can think of that I did to my system is I installed SIMBL and GreaseKit, but I have since uninstalled them both, but the problem still persists. I'm on 10.6.2, Safari 4.0.4. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Doju macrumors 68000

I have the same problem. I hoped the newest Safari would fix it, but alas no.

3. celticpride678

This is a known issue. Have you tried removing the com.apple.safari.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences?

4. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

I believe I read something on Glims' Facebook fan page that Logitech Control Center causes this. Not sure if will go away if you uninstall LCC - do you even have that installed? I saw similar issues when I had LCC installed together with Glims. I decided to uninstall both.

5. infamousD macrumors newbie

Same here for the last few months. VERY annoying. I use LCC 3.10, but I'm not sure if that's related.

EDIT: Confirmed, it's cased by LCC 3.1. I can't believe they are still producing such crappy drivers. How can a mouse driver alter Safari tabs? LCC has been a piece of crap since FOREVER.