Safari 4 Beta question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by socalrick, Feb 28, 2009.

1. socalrick macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

I've been using the new Safari 4 Beta for the last few days and love it. I just have one hang-up about it. Aren't websites supposed to open multiple tabs, by default, within the same window? Instead of doing so, it just opens new windows every time I click a new link. In order to see the multiple tabs within the same window, I have to go to the window menu at the top of the page and select the "merge all windows" option and only then, does it put all the active windows in tab forms within one big active window...which is the view that I want to have to begin with.

So my question is this: Is there a way to setup Safari so that it allows you to see multiple tabs within the same window, WITHOUT having to go to the window menu and picking the "merge all windows" option every time?

Thanks in advance.

SCR

2. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

No, that is not with the default. Sorry.

there maybe something in the app preferences.

with Safari selected "Command + ,"

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read my post again. I answered the OP's question completely.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Most websites design url's to open in new windows. It's not a browser thing. It's the code in the html that opens in a new window.

CMD+Click will open the link ( inside a webpage ) in a new tab.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

single window mode in safari isn't complete, plain and simple, no preference can change it.

your best bet is to use some sort of 3rd party addons, such as "safaristand".