Safari 4 bug: improper centering of content

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speekez, Jun 8, 2009.

1. speekez macrumors 6502

Safari 4 Final seems to have a bug where it pushes centered content to the bottom of a page. Just an example:

http://www.365memories.com/

View in Safari 4 and previous versions or Firefox. Content should remain centered when you make your window larger or smaller.

2. dantherevelator macrumors regular

3. speekez thread starter macrumors 6502

Again, displays fine in Safari 4 Beta, Safari 3 and Firefox -- not Safari final.

4. macintricks macrumors newbie

Same Misalignment

I'm using a graphite iMac G3 700 MHz with Mac OS X 10.4.11 with all updates up to the date of this posting. Same problem. I have tried changing monitor resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. Still not centering. Also, I can't scroll to the top of the bookmarks list! Very bizarre.

5. deliciousss macrumors newbie

I could be wrong but was that site designed using tables? I don't know if that would have any effect, but maybe it would have some when it comes to alignment?

6. jon08 macrumors 65816

I don't see any difference when I open that website in either Safari 4.0.1 or Firefox 3.5.

But I do agree that it displays some pages' content a bit messy at times - pics covering parts of text (or vice versa) and stuff like that...

7. speekez thread starter macrumors 6502

Im the original poster.

Here is a screengrab. Safari 4.0.1 on the left. Firefox 3.0.1 on the right:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8199/picture1btt.png

Browser windows were aligned

Now, I just installed the Firefox 3.5 update. Same results. Firefox displays the page "correctly" -- centering the content. Now, if you are on a laptop display, the difference might not be as noticeable between Safari and Firefox. But on my cinema display, where my browser windows can be opened big, I see the difference