Safari 4: couldn't add images to posts... Solved!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by GGJstudios, Feb 24, 2009.

1. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure if this is a MR site issue, a Safari 4 issue, or a problem with my own setup:

I installed the Safari 4 Beta this morning, and since I did, I'm no longer able to add images to any posts. When I click the paperclip to add an image, the "Manage Attachments" window pops up, but when I click "Choose File", nothing happens. Any ideas? Is this a compatibility issue? Anyone having the same problem? I've reset Safari, rebooted.... same problem.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Test

Posted from Safari 4:

Attached Files:

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Using the paper clip to do the automatic insert

Picture 7.png

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

As you can see I have successfully managed to insert images using Safari 4 Beta.

When I tried the second time to use the paper clip to inset the

5. GGJstudios thread starter macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thanks for your response! I did send a bug report to Apple, but I didn't know if MR should be alerted, as well. I still can't figure out why it doesn't work at all for me, and it does for others. :confused:

6. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Had me wondering...

Attached Files:

• im.jpg
      im.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
  7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Test.

EDIT: Yeah, worked fine here.

Attached Files:

8. GGJstudios thread starter macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Update: I found the problem. There is a compatibility problem between Safari 4 Beta and some functions of SafariStand. I had two problems, one of which is now solved:

Problem 1: I couldn't upload pics to posts in this forum, because clicking on the "Choose File" button on the "Manage Attachments" window had no effect.

Resolution 1: I removed the SIMBL folder from the InputManager folder. (This was used to install SafariStand). I then reinstalled SafariStand using PimpKit. Problem solved! I still have my custom quick-search menus that SafariStand provides, and I can now upload images to posts.

Problem 2: Another feature of SafariStand is the ability to automate the Find function when visiting web pages. Usually, if you want to search for a word on a website, you press Command-F to open the Find window, then type your search. With SafariStand, you can check a box that "Automates the Find function", so just typing any alphabetic key while viewing a website will automatically open the Find window and search for what you type. This works fine in Safari 3, but in Safari 4, typing a key when this is activated will cause Safari to freeze and the only option is to Force Quit Safari.

Resolution 2: This problem remains unresolved, so I just unchecked the SafariStand option and have to endure the painful and tedious process of pressing Command-F to search for terms on a web site. Oh the misery! :D

The most important benefit I get from SafariStand is the customizable menu of Quick Searches, which I use constantly:

Picture 22.jpg

I've posted this, just in case anyone runs into the same problems.