Safari 4 crashing problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gatepc, Jun 12, 2009.

1. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Hay guys well ok so I have had Safari 4 beta for a long time now ( since it came out ) and had no problems with it what so ever and now I downloaded the final release version through software update and am having it crash about 20 times a day which is really starting to get annoying! is anyone else having this problem? when will they fix it? shouldn't the beta have been worse then the final release and not better?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I didn't use the Beta, but I've been using Safari 4 since Monday, and it hasn't crashed once.

3. Gidget24 macrumors newbie

mine crashes when I click on to get into the apple store. so I went to google and clicked on apple store web site it crashed there also sent e-mail to apple haven't heard from them yet.so far that has been my only problem

4. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

No crashes, but a bit slow.

Hello.

I've not had it crash, but it doesn't seem as nippy spends longer loading pages for me, really notice it on MR looking through the forums. Its not the web connection. Other browsers are fine, and my latest broadband speed check I did has improved again by a whole 2Mbs,

Baffled

5. 3kids macrumors regular

Someone help me please! Since I installed the updates (and there were quite a few, the Safari was just one of the ones offered to me at the time) my computer has become pretty much unusable. Not only is Safari crashing, but I can not open itunes, iphoto seems to be lost, Timemachine spins continuously, mail doesn't load and the list goes on. I have an iMac, just over 3 years old and just out of Applecare. The hard drive died and was replace in March under Applecare.

How do I fix these issues, or go back to what I had before, sans the "new and improved?"

6. gatepc thread starter macrumors 6502

gatepc

If your having all those problems I would say reformat and re install your os

7. obrien234 macrumors regular

This is why you keep a backup.

8. texazgal macrumors newbie

Safari 4 is Unusable

I am glad I am not the only one. Safari 4 now crashes every few minutes for me. I have reported it numerous times to Apple, re-set Safari, posted my problem on the Apple discussion board, imported my bookmarks to Firefox and closed Safari, and am waiting for a fix from Apple. It's too bad. I used to love Safari, and recommended Safari 4 to some of my PC friends, and am now very embarrassed when they say they thought Macs were supposed to be so stable. It's more than annoying - it's completely unusable. It even crashes when I'm not using it but leaving it open and inactive in the dock. Running Tiger on an iBook G4, and upgraded to Safari 4 when it showed up in my Software upgrades. Now I wish I had my older version back!

9. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

I too have had crashes and it is very slow to load pages. Its got to the point were I am using Firefox again. Thank god its not just me ;)

10. motoman macrumors newbie

Safari continues to crash for me as well -- this happens upwards of 5 or 6 times a day. I have never had a problem with Safari but since I downloaded the final version I have had nothing but problems. I guess am a little relieved that others are having the same problem and I hope it will be fixed...

11. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Mine crashes everyday so now I use Firefox 3.5