Safari 4 driving me round the bend - gmail infinite redirect

Discussion in 'macOS' started by niuniu, Aug 5, 2009.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Anyone else having trouble logging into Gmail from Safari 4? It seems to redirect infinitely and never load. I know Apple and Google are treading on each other's toes recently but this is a step too far :mad::eek: :p

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Works perfectly for me. Have you tried resetting Safari from the application menu?

3. lehestro macrumors newbie

Having the same problem

I get the same thing as well. The gmail problem is random. I've not been able to pin it down to any one cause. But I've actually had nothing but trouble with Safari 4. Every time I try to write a message on Facebook it crashes as well. So much for being "crash proof".

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

GMail has been working fine for me in Safari 4.

5. bhk macrumors newbie

Cannot establish secure connection

Not an infinite redirect, but I have noticed that I cannot log into gmail through Safari when using a managed user account, but can when using an administrator or standard account. I says it cannot establish a secure connection when trying to log in under the managed user.

6. farmermac macrumors 6502a

If Safari is dicking you around with an infinite loop of trying to log in, you need to remove the Gmail cookie in your browser and reload the page