Safari 4 help, slow loading

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blingies, Jan 23, 2010.

1. blingies macrumors newbie

Hi, it seems for me that Safari 4 is very slow at loading content.
    Most of the time, i am on broadband, but when i go over my limit, i get shaped to a much slower speed. (Typical Australia ISP!)

I noticed that while Safari loads a page, on the bottom toolbar, it says....

Loading "Website" completed # of #.

for example, on "ninemsn.com.au" it can take me quite a while for the page to load, as Safari does not load the content until ALL or most of the content has been downloaded.

is there a way/plugin for safari 4 to load content AS SOON as its been downloaded? I would like to see my pages load immediately as soon as the content has been loaded.

Thanks for reading

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How fast a site loads is affected my many things, including the speed of your connection, the speed of the site's connection, any internet bottlenecks that might exist between your computer and the site, the speed of the server on which the site is hosted, the content of the site itself, etc. Most of those factors are ones over which you have no control.

3. blingies thread starter macrumors newbie

the question kinda gets answered, but you danced around the main problem.

Im looking for a plugin or configuration that will make Safari load content immediately, instead of waiting until most of its been loaded.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no such plugin. A plugin can't overcome the factors I listed in my post.

5. blingies thread starter macrumors newbie

you do not understand.....

on a website that has a lot of content, safari downloads the individual content 1 by 1. I know because it tells me in the toolbar at the bottom.

It goes from...
    Loading "ninemsn.com.au" completed 3 of 10
    Loading "ninemsn.com.au" completed 5 of 10
    Loading "ninemsn.com.au" completed 9 of 15
    Loading "ninemsn.com.au" completed 20 of 30
    Loading "ninemsn.com.au" completed 24 of 30
    Loading "ninemsn.com.au" completed 35 of 50

All the while, the screen still stays blank. etc etc

I want something to change the way safari works by loading all the completed content immediately so i dont have to stare at a blank screen while the rest of the content is being downloaded.

This has nothing to do with internet speeds or the stuff you mentioned! Its how safari works.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not how Safari works. I went to the same site and it loaded most of the content (about 76 items) in about 3 seconds, with the remainder of the 208 items loading in about 5 more seconds. Safari will display something when it has downloaded enough content to display something. It doesn't wait until the whole site is downloaded.

7. blingies thread starter macrumors newbie

try going to the same site on a capped connection...

then you will know...

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As I said before, the issue lies with your connection, not with Safari. You just proved it.

9. blingies thread starter macrumors newbie

omg!

I keep saying this over and over!

Content thats been downloaded is NOT loaded into the browser immediately! It gets loaded when most of the sites content has been downloaded!

On a good connection or not, the sites content is not shown as soon as its available!!!

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't download one item, then display it, then download a 2nd item, then display it.... Depending on how the site is designed, it may have to download only 3 items to have something to display, or it may have to download 100 items before it has assembled enough to display. It's how the site is designed and Safari has no control over that. Not every item downloaded results in something displayed on the screen. You have a slow connection. Get over it.

11. blingies thread starter macrumors newbie