Safari 4 logout Hotmail issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lamerica80, May 20, 2009.

1. lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Ok this is freaky, i checked my hotmail in Safari a couple of hours ago and logged out and closed the browser. I also had "private browsing" on. Then i just now opened safari and typed in hotmail.com and it directed me straight to the inbox. I was logged in, could read emails etc. No matter how many times i logged out i didnt really get logged out.

The only thing that solved this was deleting the cookies.

Anyone else had this problem? This is a major security issue for hotmail users!

(note i had not saved my password or anything, anyway that should be cleared when i log out of hotmail wich i did)

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

the new safari beta indeed had (and apparently has) some problems with hotmail. I wasn't able to watch my mail. I could only log in.

p.s. I think gmail is better, however that sometimes has problems to on a mac.

3. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I had problems logging into other sites. I actually had trouble logging into macrumors and livejournal on Safari 4.

4. lamerica80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Yeah ive heard about the problems logging in but this is the first time ive actually seen problems logging out.

Actally after i delted the cookies it seemed fine BUT then out of nowere it went back to going straight to the inbox without login, as if ive saved my password.

Guess ill stick to FF.