Safari 4 - Pictures Don't Load

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kastenbrust, Mar 3, 2009.

1. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Ok basically im using the Safari 4 Beta, and half the time when im on Facebook or another site where lots of pictures have load quickly (flickr etc) instead of loading, half the pictures just show a blue square with a white question mark inside where they should be, and after refreshing the page about 50 times sometimes they show, sometimes they dont.

Does anyone else have this issue? Its happening with flash based images as well, which leads me to believe its a blanket issue with Safari. I've tried all the ususal stuff even reinstalling OS X. Its quite annoying because i code in AJAX a lot and i'd like to test my work without getting blue squares where photos should be :eek:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Not to be mean, but you're using a beta, so what do you expect? I can't understand why Apple would release the beta for public consumption rather than making it available through a tiny obscure link until it was ready to go. I think they rather missed the point of beta software.

3. kastenbrust thread starter macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I agree, however its the main Safari download so its a bit silly they didn't get a fairly obvious thing like this working, i've found out its a problem with the way Safari is handling Java surprise surprise. Its handling of PHP is a bit of a joke while i'm at it, it takes 10 seconds to process 2 simple PHP instructions i made for sending a flash based email form, what a joke.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Uh, Safari doesn't process PHP. PHP is a server-side scripting language that is being processed by the PHP module in (probably) the Apache server you're connected to. Either the server is slow, or Safari is being bogged down by something else.

Also, do you mean Java or JavaScript?

5. kastenbrust thread starter macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I know that, i was testing it from my local machine, for some reason safari 3 processes the page really fast, but safari 4 takes ages :confused: oh well, im sure Apple will get it sorted, they have to.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Apple has nothing to do with PHP. It could be in the Flash form, though. What code are you using?

7. kastenbrust thread starter macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its CS3 mixed with PHP in a separate script. Its funny because my CPU maxes out to 99% when i run it, even though its just a small 3 box form.