Safari 4: Slowing down over time ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lacker, May 14, 2009.

1. lacker macrumors member

lacker

Been using Safari 4 bout some time now but noticed that it slows down over time ? Anyone has this same problem ?

2. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

mine is still running like a champion sprinter. do you use onyx? if not, that could be the problem. you need to regularly clean your system, like the caches, temp files, browser history, and things of that nature. that will keep safari running like its suppose to.

3. omniinvoice macrumors member

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

thats a good suggestion, and onyx is a good tool to keep

but that SHOULD not be the solution for OP's problem. Safari should be able to police itself.

5. big_malk macrumors 6502a

I've been thinking this actually, especially if there's a few windows open the rollover effect in the bookmarks bar can be up to a second behind!
    There was an update with 'security fixes' just posted in software update, no mention of performance or stability improvements, but worth installing anyway, obviously.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Safari seems to be far more consistent over time for me than Safari 3. S3 seemed to get bogged down as your history size increased. I never delete my history for posterity, goes back 9 months now.

Something I have noticed is that Safari likes to hang for about 5 seconds when it's first opened, regardless of cold start or not.

7. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

If you go to the Safari menu and select "Reset Safari...", then OK, it will run faster. I usually do that every couple weeks or so.