Safari 4 slowing to a crawl.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Jul 25, 2009.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Seems to be erratic but get to the point where more often then not Safari is so slow it's almost unusablre - and I launch Firefox to get normal speeds.

Any ideas, as I'd like to continue to use Safari:(

2. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

I had the same problem, but gave up and started using Stainless. Anyways, have you tried resetting it?

3. BBCuk macrumors newbie

BBCuk

Yes I have the same problem. Say if I am playing a flash film file on youtube, in the middle if I am opening another safari window, loading a webpage the application freezes and the little beach ball comes up. It is so frustrating!

I think I have found a solution, try these suggestions on the link provided, it seems to of helped me: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2055476 Good Luck x

4. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I have the same problem. Safari 4 sucks, its so sloooooow.

I didn't really see anything in that thread pertaining to slowdown, only crashes...

5. freesonwang macrumors member

It hangs right? What's up with that?

Check your console (Console.app) log. Does it say "disk0s2 : I/O error" when it hangs? That's what I got and I swear to god my disk is fine.

6. Bjohnson33 macrumors 6502

I've found the same with Safari 4.0. Give Camino 2.0 beta a try - it's light-weight and snappy. It's essentially the Firefox backbone with a Cocoa GUI. There were a few problems I had using the 1.6 version, but the 2.0 beta has fixed every single one of my problems with it!

7. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Have you tried Resetting Safari?

If your Console says disk error, then there is a disk error, no matter what you think.