Safari 4 stuttering while scrolling

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dmorgan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dmorgan macrumors member

While scrolling in Safari 4 the windows stutters or tears. I didn't have this problem with Safari 3, and I have reset Safari and cleared the Cache. I also get "Keychain Not Found" popping up when I load a new page. It IS out of beta right?

Oh and I'm not using any 3rd party addons.

Any ideas? Might go back to 3 if it can't be fixed.

2. dmorgan thread starter macrumors member

So I start downloading Safari 3, while that's going the problems disappear and scrolling is smooth, no errors etc. As soon as it finished downloading the stuttering came back, and I just noticed it stutters when entering text too...

w t f

messed
    up

My whole computer is stuttering now, even when mousing over the dock and scrolling through Keynote templates. Uninstalling this **** right now.

3. ab2ski macrumors newbie

Video & Scrolling stutters HORRIBLY

I have seen a few people posting around the web about this problem, but seems like its not too many. The scrolling is horrid in my Safari, and video stutters and often major beach ball action. Yes, I have a few pages with several tabs open, but it will do so even with just one or two pages, so its not that. I also have various extensions installed in Safari, but this was happening prior to that so that can't be it either. I had this happen earlier this year, but a Safari update cleared it up. Any ideas? Current system is:

PB 2.53 Intel 2 Duo, 4 GB ram
    OSX 10.6.4
    Safari 5.0.2
    Flash 10.1