Safari 4 tabs issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by donbenjy, Aug 30, 2009.

1. donbenjy macrumors 6502

So, this isn't a snow leopard issue - I've had it since 4.0 came out of beta.

When I switch between tabs, the first 8 (or whatever the maximum is before the >> popup appears to select tabs which are off screen) stay in the same place, and only the end tab switches. I'm sure that in the beta, it would scroll along and show the tabs surrounding it, if that makes sense?

Does everyone have this, or is it just something weird going on with me, or a preference somewhere?

2. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

Not just you. I have that problem, and I HATE it. For those that don't understand, take a look at this:

[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 15 ]

Imagine, if you will, that your screen resolution happens to fit 9 Safari tabs in the bar at once. If you have more than 9 open, and you are currently on the 9th or higher (in this example it's 15th), the buttons for the first 8 tabs show up in the bar, and for the current tab you're in. The bar does not scroll like in Firefox. This is incredibly annoying. :( Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. MacVaultDweller macrumors newbie

Thank God I finally found a thread on this subject.
    I agree this needs to be fixed by Apple or with a hack

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Maybe they figure that most people won't have that many tabs open in one window. I use tabs in every window, but I also use multiple windows. Each window is for a particular site, or a group of similar sites. I use the tabs for multiple pages within those sites. I'd rather be able to read enough on the tab to tell me what page it is. Maybe there's a way to do that with 15 tabs open, and I'm just not aware of it. (?)

Anyway, have any of you made a polite suggestion to Apple to enable tab scrolling? They might just listen. Don't yell at them. They'll just cover their ears.

5. parish macrumors 65816

parish

This is by far the most annoying thing in Safari. The scrolling tab-bar in FF is a really useful feature, the Safari implementation is very poor IMO :(