Safari 4 Tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macfanboy, Jun 8, 2009.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

In the new Safari 4 released today, is there any way to bring back the tabs on the title bar? I loved this because, believe it or not, that extra space really enhances my browsing.

2. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

does clicking on the "view" menu not have a "show tabs' option?

3. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

im talking about the tabs mixed in with the top bar... i can get tabs working but its below (like in safari 3)

4. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I'm also curious to know if this is possible. I really did like having my tabs on top. I haven't seen anything in the preferences panel or in the apple writeup.

5. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Not so far. There's a few threads about this in the Mac Applications forum.

10 to 1 they either bring it back in a revision or someone codes a third party plug-in that will do it, but right now you're stuck with what you've got (unfortunately).

6. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I'm confused. .

I have Safari 3, I didn't get BETA. It seems like you want Tabs "on top" as if In the Title bar with the "x" "-" "+" Icons.

I can't find a way to do this in Safari 3, and from what I've looked up, Safari 4 Beta actually is the only app that has tabs at the top. This confuses me as you're trying to "get them back on top" as if Safari 3 had them there as well.

All I can imagine is that you used a Terminal Command to move Safari 3's Tabs to the title bar, and either this command, or another one you entered reverted Safari 4's title bar tabs back to the old safari Style.

If you have the tabs at the top of safari 4 and want them back down, check here. I am unsure as to how to get them back up top if you did this command or something else that reverted it. Nor am I sure of a way to get older versions (Like Safari 3) to move tabs to the title bar