Safari 4 - Wrong web page loading.... anyone else??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by midnite26, Jun 10, 2009.

1. midnite26 macrumors newbie

Just upgraded to Safari 4 on by aluminium macbook

Example of problem:

I entered the site www.soccernet.com into the address bar - the page loaded http://news.bbc.co.uk/ with the soccernet title at the top of the window.

I have both these address in the bookmarks and regularly visit both of them. Regardless of what i do it seems to keep going to the bbc site.

I removed all my addons (GLIMS) and reset safari - clearing all data. Still had the same problem.

I restarted my macbook and it seemed to fix the problem. I was able to view soccernet site.

However, it happened again but with a completely different page. eg. youtube.com loads some advertising page. strange...

Anyone got this problem or suggestions??

EDIT:

Actually the same thing is happening on Firefox... but only since i updated safari - maybe coincidental

2. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

That's not a problem with Safari, or any web browser for that matter... that's a problem with the server that the webpage is hosted on.

3. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I am having this problem, too. I enter www.abcnews.com and I'm taken to www.washingtonpost.com. A couple of others do it, too. Happens with Firefox as well, so it must be at the OS level, or maybe my ISP? Something ain't right...