Safari 4b and WordPress

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldManJimbo, Mar 7, 2009.

1. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Quite a few issues with the 4.0 Beta and WordPress. Most noticeable is the result of adding a link when in the Visual mode of writing a new blog entry. The page freezes up and there is no remedy other than closing the page and starting over. This doesn't happen when working from the HTML edit mode.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There have been several reports of Safari 4b and Wordpress not getting along well. The solution for every one of them until Safari 4's public release is to use Safari 3.x or another non-beta version of a browser.

3. OldManJimbo thread starter macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Yes - I wasn't asking a question, just sharing my experience. I searched some of the forums and didn't find anything about 4b and WP, so I posted. UNtil the beta is finished, I'll be using FF when I work on WP.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I know. I've experienced some myself. WP is really good about fixing stuff though, so I'm not worried about the long term.

5. vandlism macrumors 6502

I've experienced that link blackout on WordPress as well. I had a lot of text that I'm fairly certain hadn't autosaved at that point, and didn't want to close the window. One thing I did was resize the window very small, and then make it larger again. At least when it was small, I could scroll around and get to point of the page (the publish and other buttons) that were previously blocked. For now, though, I have Camino for WordPress edits.