Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike12806

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Boston, MA
Anyone find Safari 5.1.1 to be slow to load pages? At first I thought it was a DNS issue, however the browser is freezing up on it's own! I've had to switch to Chrome it's so bad!

mike12806

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Boston, MA
No problem here. I don't notice any difference from the old set-up. I'm on wifi at home - I don't know if that has an effect.

Is there a way to "hard reset" Safari?? Besides the obvious "reset safari" option from the taskbar....I'm thinking a plist file or something??

jeffwebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
I was having this issue too.
Safari wouldn't load anything.
I went under the safari menu and reset my browser, i.e., reset safari...
and now it works!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Is there a way to "hard reset" Safari?? Besides the obvious "reset safari" option from the taskbar....I'm thinking a plist file or something??

I have no idea. I'm a total techno-boob. It just worked after 7.2 download. I didn't do anything.

Sorry I can't be of any help. :eek: :(

Edit: Just did a Speedtest - 20.20 down 17.82 up.

Last edited:

vlnarasimham

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
If it helps, i too faced my Safari being slow after updated to 5.1.1...after some R&D i noticed that few of the Safari extensions actually designed for an older version causing the issue...in the system preferences for Safari, i uninstalled them and turned the safari extensions button to OFF...it's pretty fast now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.