Safari 5.1.4 issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrkennedyobrien, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mrkennedyobrien macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I updated Safari yesterday through Software Update and since then, I've been having a few very irritating issues, most of which occur with YouTube. I've attached a picture below to show you how YouTube videos now display. None of the buttons work. The only thing I can do is play/pause by clicking on the video.

[​IMG]

Any ideas on how I can fix this? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

2. mrkennedyobrien thread starter macrumors newbie

I've also just noticed that all the items on my reading list are gone and have been replaced with duplicates of the last item on it.

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Even though it didn't say you had to - did you try a restart of the machine?

4. mr.iso macrumors member

It's a nasty javascript bug in 32-bit mode. In the Finder, Get Info on Safari.app, and uncheck "Open in 32-bit mode" until there is a fix for 32-bit mode.

5. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

I was having the same issue as OP and this fixed it, thank you :)

6. Safari514 macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I am working on a very strange issue where Safari 5.1.4 clears some hidden fields on a post. We do use JavaScript via jQuery however have yet to test in 64-bit mode. The functionality works fine in MSIE and Firefox.

We do suspect some JS issue or interaction either introduced in this version or a fix in a way that our existing possibly improperly coded page is now broke.

Can you elaborate on this 'nasty javascript bug in 32-bit mode'? or include some links that summarize the issue?

Sincerely,
    Safari514

7. beatd macrumors newbie

Hidden fields

We have also a very strange behaviour. The hidden field value in a POST request is from the last page.

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Found a link via a quick Google: http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1169507

... and for completeness, the Google search: http://www.google.com/search?q=safari+5.1.4+javascript+bug+32-bit

(Removed fields from the Google link that are not strictly necessary)