Safari 5.1.7 on Windows 7 Home Premium forgets my website data (user/pass)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MythicFrost, May 11, 2012.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hey,

I've got Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium running on my 2011 iMac and I've got the latest version of Safari 5.1.7, and I just had this happen several minutes ago -- I go to a website I know such as MacRumors, and I've been logged out and have to login again. It happens enough to be annoying, and it happens to quite a few websites I visit regularly.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. V-B macrumors newbie

Just enable cookies, either in Safari's settings or your firewall's.

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I've no firewall (and Windows firewall is turned off) and Cookies are enabled in Safari. It remembers my details for a certain time, maybe a few days, a week, two even, and then I go to login again and most (not all) of my websites require me to login again. This never happens in OS X.

4. chrispfeiffer21 macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have the same problem when using Safari 5.1.7 for Windows. I have filed a bug report :) so they may become aware of the problem. I have a feeling though that the next release of Safari that we see will be 5.2 which will possibly fix it...but I imagine it means no immediate fix...just a feeling though

Hope that alleviates the feeling of isolation :p

Chris :)

5. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

I'm also seeing this happen in Safari 5.1.7 on OS X 10.7.4. Clearing site data (cookies and caches) and repairing permissions had no effect.

Some sites seem unaffected, remaining logged-in for days, while others lose login data within 6 hours.

6. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Tis' strange, I thought it may be a problem with Safari on Windows as I don't experience it on OS X, but it seems not.