Safari 5.1 Back&Forward Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lucp4rt, Jul 23, 2011.

1. lucp4rt macrumors newbie

I recently updated to Lion and now I am having an issue when I try to go back or forward a webpage. I use the two finger scroll and swipe right to go back one page but sometimes end up going multiple pages. Animation is played once and older page appears, it just skips pages and those pages are not shown in the history when the back button is held.

I looked everywhere but failed to find any similar problems. Is it just me?

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Some bugs are in Lion. I have see this along with some dock lag.

3. lucp4rt thread starter macrumors newbie

i have that lag bug too but isn't it way too buggy for a final release?

4. a9205 macrumors member

i had loads of bugs when upgrading, so i did a clean install, as for back and foward safari back try changing the gesture in trackpad menu to two fingers

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I'm having that same problem. It's a weird one, sometimes it seems like there's two separate Safari windows or even separate apps open.

Others I've found:

1. URL doesn't show in address bar (can't see where you are or copy the URL out of it).

2. Pressing Command-R (reload) doesn't always reload the current page, it sometimes loads another page from another tab, or another page you previously visited.

3. Status bar periodically disappears and has to be re-enabled.

6. Bytesmiths macrumors newbie

Bytesmiths

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Safari 5.1, no workie

I can't even get this fool thing to open a window reliably. When it does, there's no URL field and no bookmarks bar. Then it crashes... repeatedly.

How do I back out this turkey?

Strongly not-recommended. Truly useless to me, and not just because it works differently than I'm used to. IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!

I tried deleting ~/Preferences/com.apple.safari.plist and ~/Application Support/Safari.

I'm typing this in from Firefox, because Safari 5.1 IS USELESS!