Safari 5.17 too slow.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by UKBeast, Jun 5, 2012.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

I have got a hunch that one of these plugins slowing down my safari experience, which of these are unnecessary ?

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Delete the first two and the bottom three plugins and restart your Mac.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No, they are not. Also, that is a small number of plug-ins. The plug-ins affect your performance only while they are handling the media that they were designed to display.

4. palmharbor macrumors 6502

Slow..U bet

Safari has always been slow. I have a new MacMini and I use Firefox (though it does not display all the page sometimes) and Safari is the slowest browser. I have six gigs of ram

5. shelob8888 macrumors member

This has never been the case for me. Safari has never had a problem for me. I just started having a problem with safari within the last week... certain pages load just fine, no problems... Facebook and youtube are impossible to load (in a reasonable amount of time, 30+ seconds to render on FB, and youtube will not even load videos, just spins). Videos simply buffer in pulses for some reason.

I have checked all the forums and suggestions... none of them work: Updated flash, cleared cache, dns dump, reset safari, cleared cookies, disabled extensions, checked plugins, reset pRam, reset smc, repaired permissions, opted in and out of html5 trial on youtube, did a scan via clamXav... etc. Nothing helps. Is anyone else having this issue? WIFI is fine, my iPad 2 runs perfectly.

I only see this happening in safari on my personal machine. Chrome doesn't seem to have the issue, as bad.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know!!!! :)

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

These issues are not generic to Safari. They sound unique to your setup and/or to your Internet Service Provider. Without physical access to your computer, it is very difficult to diagnose your problem or to prescribe remedies for it.

7. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

Issues are specific to Safari since about a few weeks time after installing updates, actually since Lion safari has never been fast. In the times of SL, safari was the fastest in terms of internet speed and browser overall speed. Now it is not, it is crashing, some websites unnecessarily exhaust cpu while some are not. And these websites used to be loaded pretty fast and proper.

I am wondering when Lion will catch SL's performance and stability..

8. shelob8888 macrumors member

after doing some more digging, and taking my MBP to other networks... i decided to tear into my network at home.

For me, I recently switched to Comcast because of a move, they inadvertently gave me a wireless router/modem without telling me. So I was actually using 2 gateways at the same time (my personal one for wireless, and the one they gave me that I thought was just the modem). Long story short, I re-did the network myself with just the one modem/gateway from comcast and I am having absolutely NO ISSUES, after re-setting the security which the tech somehow setup without giving me any info on how to connect to it (as i was moving in when he installed).

I specifically told them that I had my own router, and that is even what the tech clarified when he installed, asking "you got your own wireless router, right?" But he still gave me a gateway, secured it, and just expected me to make it work??? ugh, so, there ya have it... take it for what it's worth, tech installers don't know jack about customer service. I guess it is a good thing I care enough to investigate and Do It Myself (DIM? :D )

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Try upgrading to Safari 5.2 beta. It's more stable than Safari 5.1 ever was for me.

10. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

where can i download it ?

11. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45