Safari 5 + Evernote = Genius

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by malbright, Jun 9, 2010.

1. malbright macrumors member

Thanks to Safari 5 and iPad, reading long website articles offline on the iPad is a piece of cake.

When you've arrived at the article you want to read later or archive, simply click on the new "Reader" feature in Safari 5, then email the article to your Evernote address. Boom. Article is now on all your devices and neatly stored.

Simple as Instapaper, and actually more powerful.

2. c483125117 macrumors newbie

I've been using Instapaper religously and have only toyed around with Evernote to send myself pictures of magazine articles and the like. Why do you feel Evernote is more powerful than Instapaper for reading websites?

3. malbright thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I don't necessarily think it's more powerful. In fact, I think Instapaper is brilliant. I use them both. I would say Evernote, for me, might just be more useful. I just love Evernote's effortless ubiquity on all my devices, the ability to search text within images, and just the overall elegance of the app in its various permutations.

I used Instapaper constantly ... but now, with Safari 5's reader funcitonality, it's just so fast and simple to Evernote it that I'm sorta leaning on that being my main solution.

4. ManBearWaffle macrumors member

I'm a big Evernote fan too. I just wish RSS apps such as NewsRack would integrate Evernote so I could clip articles on my iPad.

5. Linchpin macrumors newbie

I love instapaper - can't help but think Google or someone will buy them soon!