Safari 5 for Tiger?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nerdnot, Jun 12, 2010.

1. nerdnot macrumors newbie

Is there a Safari 5 download for Version 10.4.11?

I have Safari 4 now on my iMac and I like it. I would like to upgrade it to Safari 5.

I had Safari 4 on my 5 yr. old Toshiba and on a newer Asus netbook and upgraded to Safari 5 with no problems. I save lot of links and l am used to saving and retrieving data from Safari.

I like a couple changes that are on Safari 5 and would like to get them on my iMac.

Thank you for any help.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

On my 10.4.11 machine I can only update to Safari 4.1. In terms of what Safari 4.1 and 5.0 improve upon, take a look at this.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Safari 4.1 is new isn't it? I have 4.0.5 with Leopard, but I haven't gotten an alert from Software Update yet about version 5.

4. Devils macrumors newbie

They didn't make it for tiger (yet?). You probably need an intel system, and at least Leopard installed. Personally, I prefer Camino to Safari. If you can't find it on the Safari link, I don't think that it is there.

5. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Safari 5 is not available for Tiger or later. They are phasing out support for these older versions to push people to update to Leopard or Snow Leopard.

6. nerdnot thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I figure, another way to make some money. But they do upgrade Safari 4 to 5 on PC's, even those which are not that new.

If Leopard was free I would give it a shot.

Thank you. NN

Compared to Safari 4 I like the way the windows open on Safari 5.

Thanks for the help.

NN

I have Camino on my iMac too, it is okay but I like the way my Firefox works a little more. I don't like a lot of windows opening up like IE. Since I have the room on my iMac I keep and use the Camino ever now and then. I use the Safari for storing links, got used to Safari on my old eMac and continued to use it for filing. Most of the time I just use FF because I like it best and cut back to Safari for reference links.

(I downloaded Safari to two of my PC's too. They upgraded to Safari 5 with no problem at all.)

Thanks for the help.

NN

7. celticpride678

It was released for Tiger users the same day Safari 5 was released.

8. nerdnot thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. Guess I am stuck with 4.1 for now.

9. nemodomi macrumors member

nemodomi

Wow. :rolleyes:

If Megan Fox were free I'd give her a shot.