Safari 5 - Scrolling is Lagging

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nope7308, Jul 6, 2010.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Since installing Safari 5, I encounter the spinning beach ball when I try to scroll down a webpage or scroll between tabs. It appears that I cannot scroll/switch until the webpage is fully loaded.

This is extremely annoying because when my gestures are finally registered, Safari goes wacko trying to catch up with the previous gestures/commands. For example, if I use a swipe gesture to navigate between tabs, when Safari becomes responsive again, it will register all previous swipes and rotate between tabs until it 'catches up'. I hope that makes sense.

When I use Firefox, there is a slight lag, but I'm still able to scroll with only slight choppiness. By contrast, Safari 5 literally freezes for about 5 seconds. As a benchmark, I tried using both browsers while loading www.interfacelift.com. Firefox worked fine, Safari 5 was crippled.

Any ideas/suggestions? I try to keep my system organized/up to date, so I have no idea what may be causing this.

2. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Safari 5 is as buggy as hell, I think Apple are aware of these issues and I'm sure we'll see fixes with a release of Safari 5.0.1 very soon.

If you can't wait, you can always Downgrade to Safari 4.0.5 or try Opera as a secondary browser, I read the benchmark tests and it seems stable and fast

3. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

That's fine, I'll just wait it out. I'm reserving judgment of Safari 5 until the extension gallery goes live.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing these issues, though. Thanks for the response.