Safari 6.0 - Going to previous page

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NYR99, Aug 2, 2012.

1. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Hello, whenever I am browsing the web with Safari, every time I swipe to go back a page or use the back button, I have to wait a sec or two for the previous page I was on to reload before I scroll or do anything. On Chrome I didn't have to wait at all. Is this normal?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

This is normal behavior for Safari. It refreshes the previous page when you go back to it.

3. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya, I figured. Chrome refreshes it too, it just does it so much faster. I like everything about Safari except for this. Hopefully they will improve upon this.

4. boomboom2 macrumors regular

Yeah, I made a topic about this as well. It's super aggravating. It's the main thing keeping me switching from Chrome.

5. sine-nomine macrumors regular

For me, Safari seems to only "pretend" refresh.

I've tested it on pages with frequently-changed content that doesn't automatically update itself, such as forum pages: I'll open a forum page in three windows, go to another page in one of them, refresh the page in a second, and then go back in the first, which then agrees with the 3rd page I've left alone, not with the more recently-refreshed page.
    I don't know what Safari is actually doing, but it's (at least in these instances) not actually refreshing the page when I go back.

6. RustyIron macrumors newbie

RustyIron

I've noticed this effect only recently. It's most evident when browsing vbulletin forums. The delay for the reload is such an annoyance that I might switch to Chrome if I can't come up with a good Safari solution.