Safari 6.0 Twitter autocomplete issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jb14, Aug 1, 2012.

1. jb14 macrumors newbie

Hey there,

I'm starting to use the Twitter function in the Share button of Safari 6.0 to tweet links to pages.

But when I write the @ sign plus a few letters in a tweet, I don't get any autocomplete function (say, with a drop-down menu with the list of people I follow that have a twitter name with the first few letters I typed it).

Now - I have read somewhere that the Share/Twitter function is not integrated with your twitter account and so it won't pull your twitter contacts for the autocomplete form. Is that the case? Kinda useless if it is.

But I did read that it can see any twitter address you have associated with contacts in your Contacts. That may be the case, but (for me) it doesn't even autocomplete for people who I have in my contacts (and in iCloud).

Anyone else having problems?

2. Revearti macrumors member

I'm having the same issue, and I was wondering if it was a bug or a feature that hasn't been implemented. The autocomplete pulls various people I'm following from my Twitter account. It doesn't pull anything from my Contacts.