Safari 6 bookmark list not the bar

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by slattery69, Dec 19, 2012.

1. slattery69 macrumors regular

Hopefully im just missing something obvious on the bookmark list, but heres my issue.
    Ive filled up the bookmark bar and when i click on one of them that web page opens.
    however if i click the bookmark link to open the list when i try to click on one it just moves it to the centre of the safari screen.
    if i do the same on firefox or chrome it opens the web page, how can i get safari to do the same , as without this i find using safari quite frustrating to use.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Use the double right arrows in the top far right of the Safari screen to get a drop down list of bookmarks, then just select the one you want and click on it.

3. slattery69 thread starter macrumors regular

ideal thanks for that, do you know if you can create a folder of them to drop onto the bookmark bar and get access by hovering over that?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Not as such, but if you click the open book icon in the top left hand corner you will get a list of all your bookmarks and recently visited sites.

5. slattery69 thread starter macrumors regular

just checked safari when ive come home from work and i dont have these double right arrows checked customise toolbar and nothing in there that look like these double arrows

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Yes you can do that. When in Bookmarks Manager, there should be a + button at the bottom of the window. Clicking that created a folder for me. :) You can have the folder appear on the bookmarks bar by dragging the bookmark folder to the top of the list.

7. slattery69 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks managed to do that which makes it easier , could find these arrows though