Safari 7.0.2 Slow on Facebook

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Puntoboy, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Puntoboy macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro 13" Retina (2.5 Core i5/8GM Ram/256GB SSD) that I upgraded to Mavericks shortly after it's release. Mostly, everything works perfectly with exception of Facebook when using Safari.

I prefer Safari to my other browsers (FF and Chrome) and generally speaking it works fine, all the other websites I browser load in the timely manor and I'm able to use them normally. It's just Facebook that is slow to load, freezes when scrolling (so much so I get the coloured spinning wheel on that page) but as soon as I change to another tab or application all is well.

I have 3 extensions in Safari, Lastpass, bit.ly and Xdebug Helper but I've also tried disabling all extensions with no change in behaviour. I've searched high and low for answers but all topics I see relate to general Safari/Mavericks slowness but this is specific to Facebook.

Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot and resolve this?

2. bjorn.r macrumors newbie

It is Lastpass

I have the same problem. When disabling the plugin it works smoothly. The same goes for Firefox when enabling/disabling the Lastpass plugin.

3. Puntoboy thread starter macrumors newbie

That's strange as disabling all plugins has no affect. I'll give that another go though.