Safari 7.1 Update Issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Illini2784, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Illini2784 macrumors newbie

I'm having an issue upgrading to Safari 7.1 on OS X Mavericks. The 7.1 update is listed in the "Update Available" part of the App Store, but is also listed multiple times in the "Updates Installed in the Last 30 Days" section. I'm able to click on the "update" button but nothing happens, the previous version is still listed when I open up safari. I've tried clearing out the Library/Updates folder but that hasn't work. Photo attached, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Mac32 macrumors 65816

Don't get Safari 7.1. It's buggy, and has no discernible improvements. Count yourself lucky the update didn't work.

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

I have no issues whatsoever with Safari 7.1. It's been far more responsive than 7.0.6. I used the beta versions and update to the release version when it hit the App Store.

I cannot address your inability to update via the App Store. My App Store showed the update from the beta I downloaded from the Developer Portal. Not looking back.

4. Illini2784 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, on the last suggestion I unfortunately don't see those folders.

5. konradsa macrumors regular

The spelling is wrong, they start with upper case letters.