Safari 7 Cookies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jonesy135, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Jonesy135 macrumors member

Jonesy135

Sorry if this has been asked but i had a quick search and couldn't find anything

Since upgrading to Mavericks and using safari 7 i can't log into my online backing www.nationwide.co.uk if it makes a difference.

it diverts me to a page (on nationwides website) asking me to allow cookies

Now I've opened safari Prefs > security tab and checked the never radio button so that it doesn't block cookies.

but it still doesn't work.

am i being dense? anyone else experiencing this?

any ideas how i can add www.nationwide.co.uk as a "trusted site"??

Cheers

2. kuifje macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Other sites that require cookies are ok, it seems to be Nationwide that is a problem. Chrome is ok for Nationwide.

3. Stewart21 macrumors regular

I have no problems with Nationwide and yes, I'm using OSX Mavericks.

4. Jonesy135 thread starter macrumors member

Jonesy135

Yeah i have to switch over to chrome to get on to it too.

Its the only site I've had an issue with

bit annoying really!!

5. Zygon Gambit macrumors regular

I also have had exactly the same issue with trying to get on Nationwide with Safari 7.

I'd be interested to know the exact setup of the person who found they could log on.

I also think it's worth letting Nationwide know. As with many companies, their help is several generations behind reality - discussing IE 6 and 7, for example.

I'm going to contact Nationwide: if other people do too, it would probably help. All we need to do is get the message across to the development team, and get someone to run a test.

6. Zygon Gambit macrumors regular

Nationwide said:

"I confirm we are currently experiencing a technical issue, which is being investigated and should be resolved as soon as possible."

So hopefully it should be sorted out soon.

7. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

8. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Both my banks keep pestering me to install Trusteer Rapport. If I was running Windows I probably would install it. I see no need for it on OSX. If you Google it you'll see many people have problems with it.

9. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

Trusteer has fixed this now.

If it hasn't already updated for you automatically, do this:

Open System Preferences > Trusteer Endpoint Protection

Click on "Check for updates now".

Let the spinning thing finish spinning.

Fully close Safari (using Quit).

Restart your Mac (Trusteer needs the computer to be restarted in order to apply updates).

Everything should now work OK.

----------

Whenever gazillions of people use something, a vociferous minority will always have problems.

You'll see the same kind of "evidence" if you Google, for example, iOS 7.

If your banks are pestering you to install it, I'd be inclined to do as they ask.

10. Stewart21 macrumors regular

[/COLOR]

Whenever gazillions of people use something, a vociferous minority will always have problems.

You'll see the same kind of "evidence" if you Google, for example, iOS 7.

If your banks are pestering you to install it, I'd be inclined to do as they ask.[/QUOTE]

I may do in the future, Trusteer were acquired by IBM in August 2013 and I would expect a better product to come out of IBM sometime in the future.

However I do find it odd that financial institutions push Trusteer Rapport for personal computers but have very low security mobile apps for phones and tablets. My banks iPad app requires a simple 4 digit passcode as well as my customer number. There's no way I'm using it on a Wi-Fi connection, it's just too insecure. They have issued a security token recently but it's only used for transactions over £300. If they implement it for mobile banking and banking on your PC that would be much more secure and sensible than something like Trusteer Rapport.