Safari 8.0 & Yosemite are driving me cray-cray

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by o8obritto8o, Jul 31, 2014.

1. o8obritto8o macrumors newbie

1. How do I turn on private browsing or private mode? I know I can use Private Mode on single tabs, but htf do I use it on all of my open tabs?

2. Where in the hell do I click (besides going in the View dropdown menu) to view Safari in Full Screen Mode? What are the tricks here people?

3. Safari loves to "quit unexpectedly" while I am streaming content

<3

Attached Files:

2. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

How about the fact that "reset safari" is gone. Agh

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Beta software isn't meant to be consumer ready. Think about that some more, before you go complaining.

4. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

You can't switch all your open tabs to private mode. Open a new private window and open however many tabs you want in it, File > New Private Window or hit command + shift + N. I works just like Chrome.

Click the green button in the upper left hand corner or hit command + control + F.

IT! IS! A! BETA!

5. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

1.) I don't believe that is currently possible. Submit feedback using "Feedback Assistance" to request this feature or if you are a registered developer use Apple's Bug Reporter.

2.) To enter fullscreen mode, click on the green traffic light button.

3.) Safari (and Yosemite) are pre-release versions of software. To report instability, use "Feedback Assistance" to submit a bug or if you are a registered developer use Apple's Bug Reporter.

6. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

It's going to be hard to get used to hitting that green button that I never used before.

7. krabdb macrumors newbie

The most serious problem Safari - is the lack of focus in the address bar when you open a new tab. If I open a new tab on the cmd-T, it is clear also that I want to enter something in address bar. What mean in extra steps?

8. robertosh macrumors 6502a

robertosh

Definitely, Safari is the pain in the ass of Yosemite.

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Maybe a bug? Did you know Yosemite is still in beta?

Works for me 100% of the time. The address bar is always in focus when opening a new tab.

----------

Seems fine for most people. Remember it is a beta so it's not going to be completely perfect and stable.

----------

You do get used to it. I've used Yosemite since the first DP and I don't miss the full-screen button at all. I becomes the norm.

----------

Have you ever been able to turn on private mode on tabs already open? I don't think thats possible.

10. krabdb macrumors newbie

Apple leads us on the road of pain to catharsis :)

I hope that this will fix. You do not have problems with the input focus in the address bar in Yosemite?

11. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

This is being reported every day in this forum. It's a bug, not intended behavior. Wait for the next beta.

12. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

It also took awhile for me to figure out where my open iCloud links went... it seems there is no more cloud button so now you have to "Show all tabs". Not a prob now that I know, but it kind of seems too hidden for such a useful feature for those with more than one Apple device.

13. CaffeinatedNoms macrumors member

CaffeinatedNoms

The only problem I've had in Safari so far has been sometimes a new window won't understand what tabs are and suddenly I'm transported back in time to Netscape Navigator and having multiple *windows* open instead of tabs. Gah!

14. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

There's no private mode anymore, but there is a private window. Click File > New Private Window.

15. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

No. Everytime i open a new tab, the address bar is in focus and i can start typing straight away (well, maybe not straight away, but after a few seconds).