Safari 8 and Flash: want to understand

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Racineur, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Racineur macrumors regular

Racineur

Hello, I installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on an external SSD to boot my late 2012 1Mac / 3.2 i5 / 1 T FD / 8 ram and I keep Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on the internal FD until I made up my mind. Until now Yosemite works buttery smooth for me. No freezes and no beachballs. A tad faster than ML but not that much to my big surprise and the UI...ohh there lie my biggest complaints. Anyhow, as I could see, there's not Flash Player for Safari 8. How could I browse without Flash? Many sites I like use Flash and when I install Yosemite on the internal FD, what will happen of those sites? Would it damage something, put me at risk or slow Safari to a halt if I installed Flash on Yosemite. I mean, what's the trick for browsing without Flash?
    Thanks.

2. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. I am using Safari 9 at the moment, but I know I was using flash when using Safari 8. Go to the Adobe website and download/install it. The version shows it's for Mac OS X 10.6-10.10 I believe.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Fewer and fewer sites use Flash any more. What a lot of people are doing now is not installing Flash at all, then just using Chrome (which includes its own version of Flash) for the rare site that requires Flash.

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I had Adobe Flash Player working fine with Safari 8.0.8 & OS 10.10.5. I recently uninstalled it and will use Chrome if I go to a site that needs Flash like Weaselboy said.
    Here is a link to Adobe if you want to install it:
    https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/