safari 9 extension page

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iJny9956, Oct 7, 2015.

1. iJny9956 macrumors member

noticed something weird. both my wife and I share a computer. in my account when i visit: https://safari-extensions.apple.com i don't see any links in order to install extensions, or get status whether if any extensions are installed. but under my wife's account i can see both install link and status. please see images attached.

what is going on?

Attached Files:

2. iJny9956 thread starter macrumors member

what does green URL bar mean? i could use some insights, please help. please see these images

Attached Files:

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The bar is not green, just the text in the bar.
    My extensions page shows both forms together.
    The green "Apple Inc" is the owner of that page. Technically there's more to it than that, I suppose.

There's some difference between your settings, and your wife's - maybe an odd extension that you have installed, but not your wife. (or vice versa)
    What extensions do you have actually installed that would be different from your wife's?
    The extensions page that you posted really doesn't tell you, but you can go to your Safari/Preferences, then click on the Extensions tab to see a list of all your installed extensions, where you can see which installed extensions are actually active (or just installed but not active) You can also check to make sure that all are up-to-date. If you have just updated your Safari, or have just updated to El Capitan, updates to extensions may be something that you have missed. :D

4. kryten42 macrumors 6502

kryten42

5. iJny9956 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the replys. no extensions at all. no idea why it's doing this. would really like to know. please see image

Attached Files:

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If you and your wife are both running the same OS X version, and same version Safari, you could manually drop the extension in the proper location on your Mac, then launch Safari. The extension should then show up in your Safari Preferences/Extensions. (Correct location will be ~/Library/Safari/Extensions folder) That folder, again, is in your own home folder. The Library folder for your user is normally hidden, but easy to get to from the finder, by clicking the Go menu. You will see the link to your Library appear when you press and hold the Option key.
    Easiest way to get the extension is to copy to a flash drive from that location while logged in to your wife's account, then copy off the flash drive when you are logged in. Make sure that Safari is NOT running when you copy the extension.
    If you STILL have problems getting that to work - are both you and your wife's accounts listed as admin accounts?
    You can double-check that in the Users & Groups pref pane.

7. iJny9956 thread starter macrumors member

FIXED!!!

I have no idea how to explain this. I completely deleted keychain database located in ~/Library. everything is now working. I love the idea of apples closed system but man when something goes wrong nobody knows what the hell is going on. :eek: so how is keychain related to this?