Safari "A Problem Occurred"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rufuss Sewell, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

For the last couple weeks MacRumors has been constantly reloading with the message "a problem occurred so the page was reloaded"

I'm on a 6+. I was hoping the update to 8.4 would fix the issue. But no luck. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't see it being talked about.

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I have the same issue, it happens only on certain sites. I guess ram??

3. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

It happens every few seconds on my 6+ on this site. You would think this site would have a lot of people with 6+'s complaining if it were just down to ram. Kinda weird.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried clearing your Safari cache/data, restarting the phone, and perhaps resetting network connections to see if any of that might make a difference?

5. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Clearing the cache/data is what helped my 6+ we this kept happening to me.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I believe it has to do with certain sites and a bunch of ads loading up in the back and crashing the browser.
    I noticed that if I disable safari/advanced/Javascript in safari it never crashes for me.

7. Starscream19120 macrumors newbie

Yea I have the same problem. As I scroll down reading comments it'll reload saying "an error occurred". It's been doing it since macrumors was updated

8. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Never happened to me. But I do delete Safari website data before completely draining the battery for recharge.

9. Jack426, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

It's been happening to me (only on MacRumors) for quite some time now. I've tried every fix (aside from restoring my iPhone.) None of them have fixed the issue, which I also believe is coming from the ads on the page. I had the issue happen so many times while browsing one thread, that Safari refused to reload the page because "too many errors occurred." Very annoying...

Also, I clear my Cache/Cookies/History every night, which has yet to help.

Edit: The issue really seems to happen with moving ads, especially the X-Arcade ad.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Some sites with all the ads trying to populate just plain suck. Seems that advertisers will do anything to get you to look at their "crawling" ads.