Safari acting up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dirtleg, Apr 25, 2007.

1. dirtleg macrumors member

Quickly, I am having trouble with safari on a number of web sites. In particular MSNBC, the vertical menu to the left is covering the headlines and links about a third of the way across the page. Refreshes do not help. Any ideas what is up?
    Next, loading my ebay summary page some times loads all the items at the bottom of a very long vertical page display. Everything works, but it is a hassle scrolling all the way to the bottom to see my stuff. Again, any ideas?

Running OSX 10.3.9 and safari 1.2.4 Never had problems like this before. Most sites work AOK. Just these and a few other glitches lately.

Thanks, I am learning a lot from this site and the message board. You guys are great.

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Curious. It sounds kind of like the pages didn't load correctly, but a refresh should help that. There is a way to force refresh a page, I think you hold down Shift or one of the other modifier keys while clicking the refresh button.

BTW the MSNBC main page and my ebay summary page load fine in Safari for me, v2.0.4 on Tiger. Maybe it's just that the Panther version is outdated?

You could try clearing you cache or even Resetting Safari (was Reset Safari an option in the Panther version?).

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I don't think it was an option

msnbc worked for me but I am on tiger 10.4.9 and Safari 2.04
    I will try msnbc on my iMac in the basement which is running 10.3.9 and the older Safari and I will let you know if I encounter problems...if you don't hear from me consider it loading fine.