safari activity?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JJLT76, Jun 7, 2007.

1. JJLT76 macrumors newbie

i just learned how you can downoad things loke youtube videos and many other things thru using the activity window, but i want to know if there is anything wrong with doing that (illegal). because you can basicaly download a music video and convert it to a playable format, instead of buying it.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I guess it depends on the individual licensing agreement of the site you get the file from. On the whole, I can't imagine it'd be illegal if downloaded for personal use considering it's widely available on the 'net anyway.

3. tamar macrumors newbie

tamar

Well, JJLT76 do tell how you are doing it. I'm fairly new to Mac and I want to know some of what my baby can do.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Use the Window menu in Safari to show the Activity Window. This should give you a list of all the items loaded on the page. Double click the item you want to download and it should open in a new window by itself. Drag the URL from this new window into the Downloads window (you can get this window up from The Window menu too) and it should then download to your Desktop. I'm pretty sure this is what JJLT76 was referring to. :)

5. norcalstadium macrumors member

i just followed mad jew's instructions (with a youtube video), and i am left with a .swf file that cannot be played... what do i do to play it??

Attached Files:

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A quick Google search came back with Flash Player. I haven't used this app though. VLC might be able to play it otherwise...