Safari - adblock?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Jaxd, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Jaxd macrumors newbie

What's the best adblock extension for safari? I know ublock is seen as the best for Chrome (little memory used) but Safari on PB3 has just convinced me to return to using Safari again

Having used ublock on Chrome for a while now - and have noticed the differences in speed of browsing compared to adblock/adblock plus - what would you recommend for Safari?

2. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

I use AdBlock extension and it works great. I used to have both AdBlock and Ghostery installed when I had Mavericks. But I didn't try to install it on Yosemite yet.

3. joedec macrumors 6502

joedec

I've successfully run Adblock and DoNotTrackMe on Safari in all the Betas, currently Beta 3.

4. SilverRubicon macrumors member

Both Adblock and Adblock+ work well with Safari/Yosemite. What isn't working at the moment is ClickToFlash. At least it's not for me. Everything is loading and playing. :(

5. joedec macrumors 6502

joedec

The Safari Preferences/Security/Allow Plugins/WebSite Settings... is set to "Allow" for Adobe Flash by default, change that to "Ask", "Block", or whatever you prefer.

BTW its "Ask" on Mavericks by default I believe.

6. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Only one I know is AdBlock
    It's probably best to use the most popular one because you get better ad filtering. The more people use it, the more ads are covered.

7. wallmon macrumors newbie