Safari Adblocker transparent window issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ishopukisfake, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

Would really appreciate some help here.

Recently downloaded a few apps to block ads on safari and one of them included a fader feature which makes background windows and apps transparent. I am sure it was adblocker, the transparency control panel showed the first time I installed it, but I closed the window and can't find how to locate that panel again.

I have a large screen so I would prefer to see multiple apps simultaneously, a little annoying now.

I tried uninstalling, deleting but the transparency thing is still there, I even tried to install it again but now the transparency control panel isnt even showing

The other packages I installed last night were safari blocker and flicktoflash, but I think the transpancy problem is coming from safari adblocker as I found a stored webpage which is speaking about transparency control panel from adblocker, unfortunately its blank.

Does anyone use any of these packages and know which one makes the background windows transparent and how I can access the control panel to change it, or even access the software which is causing the background screens to go transparent.

Would appreciate this if anyone knows thanks

2. ishopukisfake thread starter macrumors regular

To remind me or if anyone else has this problem the solution is found in

Mac HD > Library > InputManagers

Within this there is an unfamiliar package that when deleted removes the transparancy problem.

Not sure which software it came from, and it is not a bad function, but after you close the transparency preference window once, there is no way to access it again for some strange reason, or disable or uninstall the program