Safari Adblocking

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by virgomac, Feb 27, 2009.

1. virgomac macrumors member

Has anyone out there found any add-on that I might have missed to give safari some decent ad blocking? I've tried, Adblock, Safari Block and Pith Helmet.

I love Safari other than that singular problem, Adblock Plus in Firefox I beleave has just spoiled me rotten, it hardly ever misses a beat in pulling out those ads and elements and cleaning up a page for me.

The ones I've found for Safari on the other hand, seem to take out ads, but leave the elements behind. Or just all together miss the ad outright. Then, to compound the matter they don't give you any way to click and add in a block string easily. Maybe I'm just to damn spoiled, and have been snared by Google's insidious design LoL.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use Safari AdBlock, SafariBlock and ClickToFlash. I rarely see ads.

3. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

You know I've only ever tried to use one piece of software or another, never thought about letting more of them run at one time.

Does letting them all run slow things down any? Do you have big black spaces where the ads use to be, or does doing it that way clean up the elements and pages as well?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there's no difference in performance. Web pages load pretty much instantly. Whether there's a space left is a function of how the site is designed. Usually, the space goes away with the ad, but some sites have the space "hard-coded", in which case, no ad-blocker can change that.